Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014


 sCHOOL Cross country
OUR YEARLY CHALLENGE. Our goal is our focus.
Do you run a cross country each year? How does it make you feel?

Jemma reporting:

I am running in Fendalton Park, onto my last lap, I have nearly run 3 kms and boy am I tired! I am feeling the pain as the stitch sets in and takes over. Now I am nearly there and people are cheering for me as they watch me. Coming up to the finish line all sweaty and thirsty, I have an extra surge of energy. ‘Vivid’ marks my skin as I am given my number, 105 as my placing.

Meg was kind and gave me some of her water to drink and I gulped it down like finding a hose in the dry desert. I feel that I did well because my goal was to get in the top ten for Year 7 and I think that I have achieved that successfully. Next year my goal will be to run the track without stopping and to bring a drink bottle. What a silly thing to forget!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool Jemma!
    Forgetting a brink bottle, I'll have to remind you next time!
    -Aria, 7G

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Lana from Taupaki school. Yes... drink bottles are a very important thing to have when running! I guess next time you will definitely remember to bring a drink bottle! I like the way you have started your blog post, " Jemma reporting:" , it gives the feel of a newspaper article or something like that. Good work on your running! Keep it up!
    Lana

    ReplyDelete